Our Privacy Promise
Your personal information is just that – personal, so we always treat it with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, and rest assured, we never pass on, sell or swap your information with any other company for their own marketing purposes.
For over 21 years, we have been committed to looking after our clients best interests, that includes your data and we will always put you first.
What information do we hold about you?
When you place orders and projects with us, ask us to keep in touch with you using your email address or choose to receive our printed literature, we collect information about you. We also collect information about you when you voluntarily complete Busy as AB customer surveys, provide us with feedback, provide us with your details at shows and exhibitions. If you browse our website, we may collect information about your website visits using ‘cookies’ – see below to view our full Cookies policy.
How do we use your information?
Your information allows us to fulfil any orders you place with us, update you on the progress of your orders and assist with any future customer service queries.
We would also love to keep you up to date with our new products and services, things we think will be of interest. We do this by contacting you via your email address to send you our email newsletters, communications via social media and any similar internet-based communications as they become available.
If you already receive our marketing communications, we’ll continue to send you these unless we think you are no longer interested in hearing from us or you ask us to stop. We always make it easy to ask us to stop sending e-mails if you find they are no longer of interest.
We send out newsletters infrequently – when we have something relevant and important to say. So we hope you enjoy hearing from us just as much as we enjoy putting our updates together, and we promise never to bombard you with too many communications.
We may use your information, including details of your Busy as AB purchases, how you choose to interact with us, your recent Busy as AB website browser history and geographic information, to help us decide what we talk to you about and when.
Ultimately, we want to make sure that our marketing communications to you are always interesting and this information will really help us achieve just that.
There are some communications that you’d always expect to receive from us whatever your marketing preferences – for example order confirmations by email if you placed an order or project, there may also be other important order or customer service updates we will share.
We employ the services of other companies to support our business for specific functions, for example: despatching orders (using nominated carriers); processing payments (using nominated payment providers); despatching Busy as AB marketing communications (using digital communications service providers).
If you order products through us, we’ll securely transfer your details onto the carriers so that they can fulfil your orders.
To deliver our products and services to you, we may need to transfer your data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), for example if you are requesting delivery overseas or our service provider is based outside the EEA.
All third party service providers we work with are carefully vetted and trusted by us, and your data is protected by Busy as AB’s stringent security and confidentiality measures as well as applicable data protection laws. We only provide our service providers with the data that they require in order to perform the services that we have employed them to do – they will never use your data for any other purposes.
Unless otherwise stated, our processing of your personal data, as summarised in this notice, is in pursuit of our legitimate business interests as a trusted business, committed to providing you with the very best experience.
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this notice. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold your data is 6 years. Some products we sell come with a warranty, so we like to hold on to the detail of your orders long enough so we can easily help with any queries you may have.
Your rights regarding your personal data
If you receive our postal or e-mail based marketing communications, you can choose to opt out at any time, and without any fuss or delay – simply give our Customer Services team a call on 07946 625689, chat with us online, email or write to us. Alternatively, you can click on the unsubscribe link that appears in every one of our email newsletters. Please note that you may continue to receive our communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
You also have the right to:
- Ask that we correct or update any personal information that is incomplete, inaccurate or out of date.
- Ask that we erase your personal data from our systems.
- Ask that we stop processing your data or restrict processing where we haven’t compelling legitimate grounds which override your interests, rights and freedoms.
- Request access to the personal information we hold about you.
- Object to us profiling your data, where we haven’t compelling legitimate grounds which override your interests, rights and freedoms.
- Request that any data provided by you in the context of actively consenting to some form of processing, be returned to you or transferred to another company in electronic form.
- Lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in the UK – please see below for more information.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please get in touch with us using the link below. Please note that we may ask for proof of identity before providing or updating any personal information we hold about you and if we have a legitimate reason as to why we are unable to fulfil any requests, we will always explain the reasons why.
How to contact us
Our Data Protection Officer is always happy to help and answer any questions you have about our Privacy Promise. Simply write to them at Busy as AB Limited, 10 Shearling Drive, Lower Cambourne, Cambridge, CB23 6BZ, UK or alternatively click here to get in touch. If you have any reason for concern, please contact us in the first instance and we will do our utmost to resolve the matter to your complete satisfaction. Alternatively, you can report a concern to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) – click here for more details.
Last updated 24th May 2018
Busy as AB recognises that existing and prospective clients are concerned about the confidentiality of information that is sent to us through our web site. Our goal is to ensure that we only gather the information that we need to help us help you, for your current and future projects.
The information you submit is sent directly to Busy as AB, stored securely within our systems and not shared with third parties without your prior consent.
Terms of Website Use
By using this site you agree to be bound by the following terms:
Busy as AB Limited will use reasonable care to ensure the accuracy of information on this site but excludes all liability in respect of any use or reliance on it. Busy as AB has no responsibility for third party web sites linked to or from this site or for information appearing on public forums.
Busy as AB own the copyright and all other rights in this web site.
You may download, copy and print material on this site only for your internal business use solely for the purpose of selecting, evaluating and developing your use of Busy as AB products ans services. You may not distribute any material on this site to any third party without Busy as AB’s prior written consent.
We’ve updated our website so that you can decide which cookies we use. Our website provides the best service when all cookies are enabled – without them, important parts of the website will not work and we can’t check that our site is working properly for you. We will however always honour your preference and only read or write to cookies based on the settings you choose.
What are cookies?
Cookies are tiny text files that are transferred to your computer when you visit websites. To enhance your website experience, so we can ensure our site works fully for you, we recommend they are enabled.
What do cookies do?
- Record the areas in our site you have visited and for how long, as well as which products you viewed and purchased. We use this to help us improve our website so that it’s easy to use and so we can improve the services we provide. It also helps us to recommend relevant products and offers on our website and adverts you may be interested in on other websites.
Are our cookies safe?
- Yes – they don’t harm your computer.
- Yes – they do not contain any information that could be used by others to identify you personally.
- Yes – they do not contain any confidential details such as your email address or payment details.
Can I turn cookies off?
The cookies we use at Busy as AB
The cookies we use help us to enhance your website experience, lets us check everything is working properly and enables us to give you a more personalised web experience, such as helping us to show you products and offers we believe will interest you. They are 100% safe and secure and we recommend they are switched on.
The five types of cookies we use are explained below:
- Essential cookies
These cookies are always enabled as they make sure essential features, work as they should.
Essential cookies allow us to:
- Ensure the site works properly.
- Select the right version of our website for your computer, whether it’s a PC, ipad, mobile phone or other device.
These cookies do not gather personal information or remember where you’ve been on the internet. If your browser is set to refuse these cookies, our site may not work correctly.
- Busy as AB customercookies allow us to:
- Make the most relevant product and category suggestions for you.
These cookies help us to tailor your visit to make your online shopping experience better.
- Busy as AB analyticscookies allow us to:
- Raise the standard of our service by understanding how our customers use our site.
- Help identify any errors so we can fix them.
- Gather information which helps us continually improve our website and marketing communications.
- Third-party cookiessend information to trusted websites, allowing us to:
- Show you the most relevant Busy as AB products, services, offers and adverts when you visit other sites.
- Social cookies:
- Allow you to share our website pages with social networks such as Facebook. For example, when viewing a product on our website you may see a ‘like’ button. By clicking this, you will share the product on your Facebook page and Facebook will add a cookie to your computer. To remember your chosen settings, a cookie will be stored in your current browser. If you delete all cookies from your browser, you will have to update these settings again. If you use a different device, different account on your PC or a different browser, you will need to set your preference for them too. The settings you have chosen today will only apply to device and browser you are using now.
We will no longer read or write to the cookies that you ask us not to use, however any cookies files that were created before changing your settings will still be present on your computer. You can, if you wish, remove these using your browser settings.
Our use of advertisements
You may see adverts for Busy as AB products/services when you visit other websites. We allow other companies, called third-party ad servers or networks, to serve these advertisements on our behalf. We do not provide any personal customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites.
Copyright © 2018 Busy as AB Limited.
All Rights Reserved.
10 Shearling Drive
CB23 6BZ, UK
Registered in England No. 08866151
VAT Registration No.180 9615 90